Thursday, January 12, 2017

Jan-U-ary


Jan-U-ary 
This month is notoriously the time when people jump on new resolutions, try to better themselves, d'iet, spend less, read more..... etc. One of my resolutions this year is to be unappologetically me. Now- that does not mean for one second that I am excusing my sometimes crabby behavior and therefore removing the words "I am sorry" from my vocabulary. Nope. Those 3 words are important parts of any Christians life, because our acceptance of God's grace comes from first recognizing that we are sinners. My "unappologetically me" resolution has a lot more to do with the conversations I have in my head all day, every day. "You shouldn't wear that, it isn't quite flattering". "Oh don't share that photo, there is laundry in the back ground, what will people say?". "What are some adverbs I can toss on to my prior work experience so people believe I used to be successful at more than just human incubation?".  "Lets find a makeup that makes you look as good as Snapchat filters do". The list is pretty endless.... and at the end of the day I think most women are emotionally exhausted from THEMSELVES. Why do we do that? NOPE, not me, not anymore. I vow that this year I will cut myself a break. Yes, I am still planning to lose the rest of the weight from my 3rd baby, but I will make diet choices based on a love for my body, not because I hate____ about it. I will work out because I want to be my strongest self. I will read the bible because being a part of God's word hits the mute button on those voices I am working to silence. I vow to be the best Mom I can be, to spend intentional time nurturing my children's gifts. I will not beat myself up if that nurturing sometimes come out in a loud not so patient voice ;)  I vow to be me, wobbly bits, caffeine junkie, thin hair, not always put together, but dependent on the grace of God. 

If you could look at a snap shot of your day today would you be brave enough to post that unfiltered version on Facebook? Join me in a year of un-filtering, un-appologizing, and un-derstanding that we are all messy, silly, exhausted works in progress and that is ENOUGH. 


Dear God, I pray for the beautiful women reading this blog today. For their families, and the ones who will be a part of their families in the future. I pray for the mess we all carry. For the choices we make daily for our selves and for those loved ones; both little choices and big ones God, may they align with your will. Lord I ask that this year we would be gifted with new eyes, that we would see our mess as you see it, that we would be able to brush off the dusty bits and recognize the masterpiece underneath. Eph. 2:10 "For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." In a world that constantly tells us we are not enough, help us remember who we were created to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment